Pages

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Rooster's Off to See the World

Our Bulletin Board
In Puerto Rico, where I live, the rooster is a common farm animal, but even in the city we can hear a few singing in the morning. There is one at school too. A Ki ki ri ki is a miniature rooster. I'm  not so sure why they called it like that but,  I know that's the sound they make when crowing.
With all that in mind, during the Farm Theme,  I chose to read the story Rooster's Off to See the World, from Eric Carle to my three years old students. They loved the story. The illustrations are so vivid and colorful. We reviewed  animal names, sounds, corporal movements, numbers, and colors.  As an art integration project we used finger paints to color a rooster and glued some feathers to make it look more realistic. It was a WOW moment for them!


No comments:

Post a Comment